All other NPSF Members and Non-members - $399.00
Click here to view the full course description
Please follow the instructions below to purchase the course.
- Sign in to the website and you'll automatically receive pricing which coincides with your membership level - $199.00 for ASPPS and Stand Up members
- Return to this page and purchase the course
- You will receive an e-mail receipt of your purchase
- Please allow 24-48 hours for us to activate your online learning account
- We'll e-mail you when your account is activated and you've been granted access to the course
- Click here to create a user account on our website
- Sign in to the website
- Return to this page and purchase the course after your user account is created
You will receive an e-mail receipt of your purchase
Please allow 24-48 hours for us to activate your online learning account
We'll e-mail you when your account is activated and you've been granted access to the course
All new for 2016, the NPSF Patient Safety Curriculum 2nd Edition is a 10-module, online course intended to equip the learner with the foundational knowledge necessary to understand the context, key principles, and competencies associated with the discipline of patient safety, and how these tenets and skills are applied in everyday practice. It takes the learner through the history of the patient safety movement, describes the science and disciplines used in this work, presents current best practices, and outlines strategies for overcoming barriers to safe care. The curriculum modules are aligned with educational standards for patient safety competencies and are anchored by didactic audio/PowerPoint lectures given by NPSF board members and members of the Lucian Leape Institute at NPSF. The modules also include reading materials, videos, and module quizzes to focus learners on key patient safety principles. This knowledge is imperative for those working in, or in partnership with, the health care system of today.
CPPS Certification: Please note that this curriculum is not intended to be preparatory for the CPPS certification exam. The curriculum is a foundational patient safety course. It is recommended that those preparing for the certification exam complete the Self Assessment Exam and review the exam content outline and resource list found on the CBPPS website at: cbpps.org.