To replay the webcast add this item to your cart and checkout. There is no charge for this presentation.
- You will receive two e-mails upon completion of checkout. One e-mail is your receipt. The other e-mail will contain a link to download the presentation slides. The presentation slides document will contain a link to listen to the audio replay. Check your spam or junk folder if you don't receive the e-mails.
By downloading this presentation you agree to the terms and conditions below.
About NPSF Webcast Archives
NPSF encourages individuals to access and use Professional Learning Series and other NPSF webcast replays to advance their patient safety education. All webcasts feature leading experts discussing timely safety topics in a convenient and accessible learning environment.
Please note that continuing education credit is not available for replays and was only available to those who attended the live event. If you are interested in viewing a webcast for continuing education credit, please click here to view the upcoming webcast schedule.
Webcast replays contained in this archive are available for complimentary download. Webcasts will be added to the archive on a quarterly basis, so be sure to check back often.
About This Webcast
Lucian L. Leape, MD
Adjunct Professor of Health Policy, Harvard School of Public Health
Chair, Lucian Leape Institute
Tejal K. Gandhi, MD, MPH, CPPS
President and CEO, National Patient Safety Foundation
President, Lucian Leape Institute
Gary S. Kaplan, MD, FACMPE
Chairman and CEO, Virginia Mason Medical Center
Member, Lucian Leape Institute
Robert M. Wachter, MD
Associate Chair Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco
Member, Lucian Leape Institute
Beth Daley Ullem, MBA
Patient Advocate and Governance Expert
Board of Directors, ThedaCare Hospital System and Solutions for Patient Safety
Board of Governors, NPSF
Former Board of Directors, Childrens Hospital of Wisconsin
1. Describe the four domains of transparency: transparency between clinicians and patients, transparency among clinicians, transparency among organizations, and transparency between clinicians/organizations and the public.
2. Explain the key role of organizational leadership in developing and implementing practices and procedures that promote transparency
3. Understand of the importance of transparency from the patient perspective and its key connection to patient and workforce safety.
Original Webcast Date: February 12, 2015
Terms and Conditions
Individuals (herein referred to as “users”) wishing to access and download webcast replays (herein referred to as “replays”), must agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Access and use of replays is intended for personal educational use only.
- Further use of replay content is prohibited without the expressed permission of NPSF.
- Replay content is not permitted to be used for promoting commercial products or services or to facilitate any kind of sale.
- Any and all content provided through the Professional Learning Series webcast program and other NPSF webcasts shall remain the intellectual property of NPSF and participating webcast faculty members, as appropriate.
- Users agree to hold NPSF harmless for any liability to any person or organization stemming from the content provided from the replays.
- NPSF may revoke permission to access and use replays at its discretion.
- These terms and conditions may be modified by NPSF, and continued access and use of replays will constitute agreement to such modifications.
This agreement will remain in force for the duration of the individual’s use of the webcast replays.